30 Minute Chicken Tacos! This is the EASIEST, most flavorful shredded chicken taco recipe! Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or busy day. Only 30 minutes is needed to cook up and shred the chicken.
Chicken Taco Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Mexican Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken taco seasoning from above
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup no sodium chicken broth
- shredded cheese
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- diced cilantro
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients to make the chicken taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with the chicken taco seasoning.
- Drizzle the olive oil and heat in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Pour in the chicken stock. Cover the skillet and let the chicken cook in the broth for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken registers 165 degrees internally and is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, shred using a fork, then return to the skillet. Stir to coat the chicken in the remaining sauce in the skillet. Let sit and keep warm on low heat for about 3-5 minutes, to get good flavor throughout the chicken.
- Serve warm on tortillas with any additional toppings you would enjoy!
Nutrition Information is for the shredded Mexican Chicken only. For accurate information calculate any tortillas and/or toppings you are using.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 549 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: chicken tacos, chicken taco recipe, shredded chicken tacos, chicken taco seasoning,