This easy to put together slow cooker meal is loaded with bold flavor, hearty chunks of meat, and lots of melty cheese. Better than any soup you will get at a restaurant and perfect for loading up with your favorite toppings!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot except for the shredded cheese.
- Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred, then return to the soup. (or I shred it in the crockpot, saves dishes, just make sure you get all the chicken!)
- Add in the cheese, stir, and allow the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Dish, serve, and enjoy!
Can be made on the stovetop also. Instead of adding the chicken to cook in the broth, add all of the ingredients and use pre-cooked shredded chicken. Allow it to simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes.
The best part of this soup is the toppings! Some favorites are: cilantro, lime, sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips, chips.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 82 mg