Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars! A layer of carrot cake crust topped with a cinnamon cheesecake sprinkled with a carrot cake crumble! Did I mention the smooth cream cheese glaze that you can pour all over the top?? Carrot cake at it’s finest!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 12 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking pan with foil, spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the flour, oats, light brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg.
- Slice the butter into tablespoon size slices and add to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender or two butter knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients. There should be no large pieces of butter remaining.
- Add in the remaining ingredients:vanilla, grated carrots, shredded coconut, raisins, and chopped pecans.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared baking pan (reserving about 1 and 1/4 cup for topping). Press down in an even layer along the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake layer.
- In a small mixing bowl add the cream cheese. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add in the sugar, egg and egg yolk. Mix until combined and no lumps remain. Add in the cinnamon and mix until combined.
- When the crust is done baking, remove from the oven. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top. Smooth out with a rubber spatula.
- Top with the remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes. The cheesecake should barely jiggle when the pan is shaken.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Place the baking pan in the fridge to cool for 2-3 hours before cutting and serving.
Crust and crumble recipe adapted from Wicked Good Kitchen’s Carrot Cake Cheesecake Crumble Bars