This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
It was the first day of Fall this week! Someone needs to tell the weather here in Texas though. Not that the heat is going to stop me from my Fall baking though! Especially when all my favorite things are out in the markets already. And some new favorites. Have you seen the New M&M’s® Pecan Pie yet?! I found some at Walmart and of course had to pick them up. Along with some other Fall time favorite items. Snapple® Apple, Mott’s® Applesauce, and Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Cake Mix.
With all these wonderful products of course I had to combine as many as I could to make an amazing Fall dessert. My go to? Cupcakes. Have you made cupcakes with applesauce before? It’s so easy, all you need to do is swap the oil for applesauce! It makes your cupcakes super moist. I did a combination of applesauce and butter, because I love having a slight butter flavor to my cupcakes. You can of course cut the butter out and just go with a full 1/2 cup of applesauce instead. Nothing better than combining as many of my Fall favorites together into one dessert! Seriously, my house smelled AH-MAZING!
Back to these cupcakes though. I topped them with Pillsbury™ Supreme Creamy® Cream Cheese Seasonal Frosting. And topped with crushed up M&M’s® Pecan Pie. Which could possibly be a new favorite flavor! I’m a sucker for seasonal flavors.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing
- ½ cup M&M's® Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin, set aside.
- In medium sized bowl add the cake mix, 3 eggs, Mott's® Applesauce, butter, and milk. Stir to combine.
- Add about 1/3 a cup of batter to each cupcake liner.
- Bake for approximately 16-18 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cupcakes to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from cupcake tin and allow to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting. I used a Wilton 1M tip.
- Top with crushed M&M's® Pecan Pie