Caramel Apple Cupcakes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
It was the first day of Fall this week! Someone needs to tell the weather here in Texas though. Not that the heat is going to stop me from my Fall baking though! Especially when all my favorite things are out in the markets already. And some new favorites. Have you seen the New M&M’s® Pecan Pie yet?! I found some at Walmart and of course had to pick them up. Along with some other Fall time favorite items. Snapple® Apple, Mott’s® Applesauce, and Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Cake Mix.
Here’s a quick peek at where you can find these for yourself:
With all these wonderful products of course I had to combine as many as I could to make an amazing Fall dessert. My go to? Cupcakes. Have you made cupcakes with applesauce before? It’s so easy, all you need to do is swap the oil for applesauce! It makes your cupcakes super moist. I did a combination of applesauce and butter, because I love having a slight butter flavor to my cupcakes. You can of course cut the butter out and just go with a full 1/2 cup of applesauce instead. Nothing better than combining as many of my Fall favorites together into one dessert! Seriously, my house smelled AH-MAZING!
Something else fun, there’s a #bakeinthefunsweepstakes where you have a chance to win a KitchenAid Mixer! You can get entered by simply voting for your favorite Fall dessert by clicking here.
So many Fall desserts! Plus with a KitchenAid Mixer you could make lots of cupcakes! Make sure you check out the contest here: MARS Bake In The Fun Sweepstakes . I have plenty of Fall desserts that you could use that mixer on. Like these Apple Cookies with Butterscotch Frosting and these Pumpkin Pie Fries.
Back to these cupcakes though. I topped them with Pillsbury™ Supreme Creamy® Cream Cheese Seasonal Frosting. And topped with crushed up M&M’s® Pecan Pie. Which could possibly be a new favorite flavor! I’m a sucker for seasonal flavors.
I hope you enjoy the recipe! You can follow along with me and never miss a recipe by signing up for my newsletter. Follow me on Instagram and tag #houseofyumm so I can see all the HOY recipes you make. And if you want to follow along in my everyday life on snapchat (username: houseofyumm) 💜Print
Caramel Apple Flavored cupcakes topped with a fluffy whipped cream cheese frosting and crushed M&M’s® Pecan Pie. All your Fall flavor dreams come true!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Mott’s® Applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin, set aside.
- In medium sized bowl add the cake mix, 3 eggs, Mott’s® Applesauce, butter, and milk. Stir to combine.
- Add about 1/3 a cup of batter to each cupcake liner.
- Bake for approximately 16-18 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cupcakes to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from cupcake tin and allow to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting. I used a Wilton 1M tip.
- Top with crushed M&M’s® Pecan Pie