Caramel Apple Cookies
Caramel Apple Cookies. These easy to make, soft cookies are bursting with bits of fresh apple and chewy caramel.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 18
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup peeled and diced apple (about 2 small apples or 1 large apple)
- 1/4 cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl combine the flour and baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice set aside.
- In mixing bowl add room temperature butter and sugars. Beat with medium speed to cream them together. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat with medium speed until completely combined.
- Add in the flour mixture slowly, half at a time mixing with low speed each time until combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples and caramel bits. Recipe works best if the apple is diced into small pieces.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray, or parchment paper. Place about a tablespoon of dough on the sheet.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
Granny Smith apples are the best for baking, but you can use any apple.
If you don’t have apple pie spice on hand you can make your own spice blend. 3 tablespoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 teaspoon cardamom, 1 teaspoon allspice. Mix it together and store in a sealed container or old spice jar.
Keywords: cookies, apple, caramel, fall,