Candied Sweet Potatoes. This easy to make Thanksgiving side dish recipe is always a hit! Buttery, sweet, caramelized sweet potatoes. This dish only requires a few ingredients but makes a big impact!
- 4–5 sweet potatoes (approximately 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch rounds. Add to a baking dish.
- In a small saucepan add the butter. Heat over low heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Add in the spices, salt and vanilla extract, stirring to combine.
- Carefully pour the brown sugar butter sauce over the sliced sweet potatoes. Gently stir the sweet potatoes around to coat in the butter mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve warm.
Make Ahead Tips: Peel and slice the sweet potatoes the day prior. Cover and store the sliced sweet potatoes in the refrigerator overnight. The brown sugar butter sauce can also be prepared the day before and stored in a sealed container. Do not combine the potatoes with the sauce until the day you are needing to bake and serve the dish.
Freezing this dish is not recommended.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 24 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: candied sweet potatoes, candied sweet potato recipe,