Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies. These tender and buttery shortbread cookies are loaded up with toffee bits and pecans. These easy to make cookies will soon be a family favorite!
- 1 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl add the room temperature butter and sugars. Beat or mix together until combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg. Mix to combine.
- Stir in the all purpose flour. Fold in the toffee bits and chopped pecans.
- Divide the cookie dough in half. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Place one half of the cookie dough on the plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, roll the dough into a long round shape. Roll it against the counter to get the dough compact and round. Make sure the cookie dough is completely wrapped in the plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill. Do the same with the second half of the shortbread cookie dough.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Using a large knife slice the cookie dough into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place the shortbread cookie rounds on a large baking sheet that is lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Press the edges of the cookies in to smooth out from cutting.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes until cooked through. Cookies will be slightly golden on the outside. They will not spread much or rise.
- Store the cookies in sealed containers at room temperature.
Prep time includes chilling time needed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
Keywords: cookies, butter pecan, shortbread,