Brown Sugar Bourbon Cookie Butter is made with shortbread cookies, vanilla bean, brown sugar and of course..bourbon!! Perfect for snacking on, using in recipes that call for cookie butter, giving as a gift, or just eating with a spoon!
Brown Sugar Bourbon Cookie Butter? You heard that right!
I may have a thing for using Bourbon in the kitchen. Not so much for drinking it. The hubs does though, so there’s usually some on hand in the bar. Using it in the kitchen for some flavor though? I’m all about that! Which is why you can find Chocolate Bourbon Truffles and Bacon Bourbon Meatballs on the site also.
Which is why I had to try adding some bourbon to cookie butter!
And let me tell you, it came out kind of perfect. I went with using a shortbread cookie as the base, since they’re wonderful and plain. Exactly what I wanted to be able to have the other flavors shine. Did you know you can make cookie butter out of any cookie? Whoever came up with this idea is a genius.
All of those wonderful specks in there are from the vanilla bean paste that I added. It gives an intense pop of vanilla flavor. And I actually found that the paste is a lot easier and less expensive to use than whole vanilla beans. I think I may stick to vanilla bean paste from now on. In case you haven’t tried it.. just go for it!
And of course, there is some brown sugar added as well. Bourbon and brown sugar just go together.
Now what can we do with this Bourbon Brown Sugar Cookie Butter? Well. We can use it in any recipe that calls for cookie butter. I think this Cookie Butter White Hot Chocolate maybe. Or even this Cookie Butter Frosting to go on some vanilla cupcakes!
I loved just dipping apples for a snack.
Or you could just dive in and go for it with a spoon.
Store this in the fridge to keep cool. And I use these 16 ounce jars. They hold one batch of the recipe perfectly.
More Dessert Recipes:
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Brown Sugar Bourbon Cookie Butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 12 ounces shortbread cookies
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste, can use vanilla extract also
- Pour the milk into a medium size saucepan heat over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and bourbon. Heat until milk is warm, not simmering.
- Crush the cookies as you add them to the warmed milk. Using a spoon press the cookies down into the milk.
- Let this sit for about 10-15 minutes until the cookies are soft.
- Spoon the cookies into a blender or food processor.
- Add the vanilla. Blend or process until smooth.
- Store in a closed container. Keep in refrigerator.
Adapted from Better Homes & Garden