Blue Cheese Hominy is the ultimate in comfort food! Creamy, cheesy hominy makes the perfect side dish to any meal!
- 1 pound can of hominy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of flour of your choice
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In medium size saucepan melt the butter and cook the minced garlic over low heat
- Once the butter is melted stir in the flour stirring constantly until combined keeping the burner on low heat. This will create a thick paste. Continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add in the half and half, whisking to combine, increase to medium heat. Stir frequently for 4-5 minutes until thick.
- Add in the cheese slowly while stirring. Reduce to low heat. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the hominy into the saucepan to mix with the sauce. Transfer to quart size baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.