Black Bean Soup, loaded with fresh bell peppers, jalapeno, and topped with cheese, avocado, and sour cream! A quick and easy dinner idea. Vegetarian. Full of flavors and spice!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 3 coves garlic minced
- 3 14 ounce cans low sodium black beans drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 24 ounces low sodium chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sour Cream
- In large sauce pot or dutch oven coat the bottom with the olive oil. Toss in the diced onion, red pepper, and jalapeño. Cook for several minutes or until the veggies are softened. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another minute, the garlic will become fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, and two of the cans of black beans. Add the other can of black beans to a medium size plastic bowl and mash up with a fork or potato masher. Add the mashed beans to the pot. Season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve, top with any additional toppings desired. Enjoy!