Best EVER Enchilada Sauce Recipe. This quick and easy recipe comes together in about 10 minutes. It’s bold and flavorful and will give your enchiladas an authentic taste! If you don’t have any enchilada sauce on hand or you’re wanting to elevate your cooking this recipe is for you! And you will never go back to using the canned version again!
- 1/4 cup oil or butter (can use canola or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups beef broth (can sub with another type) use a LOW or NO SODIUM
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Heat the oil or butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the flour and stir to mix. Will be a thick mixture. Allow this to cook for just 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the spices. Stir to form a thick paste.
- Stir in the broth and tomato paste. Stir until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer then reduce the heat. Stir occasionally.
- Pour into a jar to store or use to make enchiladas.
Make sure you are using a low or no sodium broth. If not then you will need to cut back on the amount of salt in the recipe. I would recommend tasting first before adding salt, so that the sauce doesn’t turn out too salty.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 114
- Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: enchilada sauce, sauce, tex mex,