Banana split cookies. Banana pudding cookies loaded with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and maraschino cherries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3.4 ounce package Banana creme pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/8 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the flour and the baking powder together and set aside
- In mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the pudding mix, vanilla and the eggs. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and continue to mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Make sure the cherries have been patted and dried with a paper towel and fold them into the dough. Stir as little as possible at this point.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Press the cookies down so they are slightly flattened discs.
- Bake for about 11 minutes, just until the edges start to turn golden. Leave the cookies on the pan for an additional 5 minutes to cool. Then remove to a cooling rack to continue cooling. Store in an air tight container.
- Makes 20 cookies