Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Butter
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And there is no better way to start a morning than with some pancakes!
Making pancakes is so easy, and they are so easy to change up with just adding a few additional ingredients. You can add any fruit, chocolate chips, vanilla, cinnamon, the possibilities are endless!
I happened to have some overly ripe bananas. You know the ones, where when you walk by them on the counter you can smell the banana sitting there. Waiting for you to bake something!
What’s better than having pancakes for breakfast? Having a yummy topping to go with it!
One of the best flavor combinations with banana is of course strawberry. So I went with a sweet strawberry butter that I made from a recipe I found here from Martha Stewart. It’s not overly sweet, and it’s a simple recipe. Only calls for butter, fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, and a little bit of salt. Process it together and you have a delicious pancake topping!
These pancakes are so light and fluffy, and they were exploding with banana flavor. I imagine if a monkey were to request a breakfast, it would be these banana pancakes!
Slathering these with strawberry butter is just the finishing touch! They turn these simple pancakes into something slightly more glamorous. I mean, dressing up the butter?! Pure genius. And purely delicious.
Thanks so much for visiting! Never miss a recipe from the House Of Yumm! Choose your favorite way to follow, or do them ALL!
- 1¼ cups Bisquick
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- non stick spray or butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup strawberries, hulled and diced
- In large mixing bowl mash the banana with the fork. Add in the egg and mix together. Slowly add in the bisquick and stir until combined. Measure out the milk, add the vanilla to the milk. Then pour into the batter slowly stirring until completely mixed.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot griddle or large frying pan on the stove that has been sprayed with the non stick spray or coated in melted butter to prevent sticking. Cook over low heat until cooked on one side. Cook for about 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side. The pancake should have a golden color.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor. Blend until combined.