These double chocolate-y brownies with a creamy coconut topping are reminiscent of an almond joy.
Ever have one of those days? You know what kind of day I’m talking about. The kind of day that calls for chocolate with extra chocolate, topped with chocolate, with chocolate on the side.
Well, these aren’t quite THAT chocolate-y..but know that I’m thinking about it that chocolate masterpiece may be coming soon!
What these brownies are is pure and utter decadence. That’s right. And I don’t feel bad about it at all. And neither should you! Sometimes we just deserve a special treat like these. These brownies are loaded with chocolate chips, because, well, if you’re going to make brownies why would you leave out the chocolate chips?
Then to make them just over the top(my attempt at a pun!), there’s a creamy coconut, almond joy filling topping on these bad boys.
I know, I know, Almond Joys have nuts..Mounds don’t. But Almond Joy Brownies just has a better ring to it than Mounds Brownies.
You always can feel free to add some almonds to the top if that really bothers you!
I’ve used this coconut creaminess before in my Lime Coconut Cupcakes. It was so yummy inside of those cupcakes I have been wanting to do more recipes using it. Today was the perfect day to bust it out.
You’re going to love how extremely easy these are to make, and how absolutely guilt-free you feel eating these decadent masterpieces, because you deserve it!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING! NEVER MISS A RECIPE FROM THE HOUSE OF YUMM!Print
Almond Joy Brownies
Double chocolatey brownies with a creamy coconut topping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9
- 1 box of brownie mix + required ingredients
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions. Add in the 1 cup of chocolate chips to the brownie batter.
- Bake per the instructions. Once baked allow to cool.
- In medium sized mixing bowl add in the shredded coconut, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, and the sweetened condensed milk. Stir until well combined. It will be slightly sticky. If needed add more milk to get desired consistency.
- Spoon onto cooled brownies and gently spread. Cut and serve! Store covered at room temperature.
This is the amount used for a 9×9 baking pan of brownies.
Check these out too!0