30 Minute Beer Cheese Soup. Creamy, comforting beer cheese soup. This easy dinner recipe can be done and ready to eat in 30 minutes! Perfect for a family weeknight dinner.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1– 12 ounce bottle of beer
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces sharp yellow cheese, plus extra for topping when serving
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika 0r hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley chopped
- Cook the bacon in a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon to desired crispness. Remove the bacon and leave the grease.
- Add the celery, onion, and bell pepper. Stir while sautéing for about 5 minutes until the veggies are tender and the onion is translucent. Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and stir until the vegetables are coated in the flour. Add the beer, chicken broth and heavy cream. Stir until fully combined. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to medium.
- Continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the sharp cheddar cheese. Stir while the cheese melts. Add the paprika. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup warm garnished with parsley, more shredded sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon on the top.
*Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 539
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 538 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 15 g
Keywords: soup, beer cheese,