Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries. This 3 ingredient chocolate mousse is perfect for filling strawberries to make a special treat for a special someone!
Only three ingredients are needed to make this easy chocolate mousse. And it’s the perfect consistency to pipe into strawberries making for a beautiful and easy dessert. Great for Valentine’s Day or any time!
I am an official ambassador for Tom Thumb who provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine. Thanks for continuing to support the brands that support House of Yumm <3
Have you realized that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner?? I’m so cliché but, time flies so fast. My husband and I are in the stage where Valentine’s Day is a fun day that we spend with our kids. My husband takes the girls out to Daddy Daughter Dances and to dinners. And I get to take the boys out to eat and have fun.
Something fun we can all do together is make these super easy 3 ingredient Chocolate Mousse filled strawberries!
Luckily I was able to snag the 3 ingredients needed at my local Tom Thumb store. Which also gave time to shop the front of the store where they keep all the debi lilly design™ products! Which is where I snagged these Alphabet candles. How cute are they?! Perfect for my Valentine’s Day set up at home. And they smell amazing!
Onto the recipe!
How Do You Make Chocolate Mousse?
There are several ways to make a mousse. Most recipes will involve using eggs whipped with sugar, then mixed with melted chocolate and folded into whipped cream. Typically the eggs are used to create almost a custard texture. Sometimes the recipe will call for gelatin for extra strength and support.
However! We are making things easier and taking a short cut with this recipe. Using just the chocolate and the heavy cream, it’s almost a whipped ganache that we’re making. Which is kind of in between a chocolate whipped cream and a chocolate mousse.
What Chocolate Should I use to Make a Chocolate Mousse?
Since the main ingredient is chocolate, ensure that a good quality chocolate is being used. Either a semi sweet, or a dark chocolate will give a good flavoring. Since we’re not adding any sugar to this mousse I would avoid using a bittersweet chocolate.
I buy my debi lilly design products at my local Albertsons and Tom Thumb stores, and you can also find them at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Visit Albertsons.com or Tom Thumb.com to find a store near you and discover more Valentine’s Day inspiration. There’s so many pretty flowers, vases, and candles that I know you’ll find something you absolutely love!
Other Easy Dessert Recipes Perfect for Valentine’s Day:
(3 Ingredient) Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dozen strawberries, fresh
- Add the heavy cream and chocolate chips to a heat safe bowl. Heat in microwave for about 2 minutes. If using stovetop then heat the cream on the stovetop until just starting to simmer. Remove from heat, pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for a few minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add in the vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to chill for about 30-45 minutes until set. Beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Hull the strawberries and cut the very bottom tip off so that the strawberries will stand up.
- Add the chocolate mousse to a piping bag and pipe into the hulled strawberries.
- Store in the refrigerator if not serving immediately. Can save in the fridge for one day before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.