Texas Chili Recipe! This Texas style chili is bursting with meat and spice, and only takes 20 minutes to come together. This is the ideal chili to have on a Frito Pie!! Perfect for game days or a weeknight family dinner!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 –15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the ground beef in large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, until fully cooked, no longer pink, for about 7 minutes.
- Drain the grease. Return the pot to the stove.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and beef stock. Stir to combine.
- Add the seasonings. Cover and simmer over medium heat for the next 10 minutes.
- Serve warm!
How to Freeze the chili:
- Cook and cool the chili completely. Place the cooked chili in a shallow, wide container and place it in the refrigerator until cooled.
- Store the chili in quart size freezer bags. Make sure you remove all air from the bag while sealing.
- Label the bag with the name of the dish and the date it was made.
- When placing the bag in the freezer make sure it is laid flat and not crowded, we want the chili to freeze quickly. You can store the Texas Chili in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To defrost, place the bag in the refrigerator the night before, or the morning that you plan to heat it up for dinner. This will allow time for it to defrost.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Protein: 27 g
Keywords: chili, texas chili, weeknight dinner, quick and easy,